Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Because I’m Me: Take 2



I told you in the post a few months ago that things sort of just happen to me that are awkward and embarrassing, and….well….that hasn’t changed. It’s all part-in-parcel to being me.

As you can probably guess…something embarrassing happened again. I was on the set of Reign on Thursday, a great show that I am very happy to be a part of, and I had what I will call a wardrobe malfunction. The dress that they gave me to wear was slightly too big for me, so it didn’t fit tightly enough, and it was quite long. Because of the length I had to lift the skirt to make sure I didn’t drag the dress while walking, but when I would do this the clasps in the back of the dress would pop open. I explained the problem and was supposed to be sown into the dress to ensure it stayed closed. The wardrobe assistant decided, however, to lace up the corset instead of using the clasps, which ensured that it stayed closed. That seems to be a reasonable solution right? Wrong. The corset part may have stayed closed, but the bottom of the dress did not.

While heading to set with about 100 people behind me, lifting my dress to make sure I didn’t trip and the material didn’t drag, I heard running behind me and someone tapped me on the shoulder. I was then informed by this kind person that the back of my dress was completely open and my butt was completely exposed. To make matters worse…I was wearing bright pink panties…cheekies in fact, so my exposure was very noticeable and eye catching to the 100 people behind me. I was so embarrassed and had to spend the rest of the day around people who had seen my butt. Wardrobe was sympathetic and spent time safety pinning the entirety of the dress, which they should have done from the get-go. Oh well. When in Reign right? To top that all off, this was my very first day on this set, a set that I am supposed to be on for continuity, which means I will be going back regularly. Now, though, I will only be known as the girl who had her butt hanging out. That sounds about right. Oh how fun it is to be me. On the bright side, at least people on that set are probably not going to forget me any time soon. 


 Let's just pretend it was a Monroe moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment