Sunday, October 21, 2012

Welcome to my blog

So blogs are generally about ordinary people trying to do extraordinary things (like cook your way through Julia Child's cook book, or conquer the world). I'm a little more realistic. I think that I, like the majority of people out there, am no one extraordinary. So why write a blog and why would people be remotely interested in reading it? BECAUSE I'm not extraordinary! I'm a real person dealing with real issues, just like you.

So....what is my blog challenge? Well....you know the intro song to Friends "you're life's a joke, you're broke, you're love life's DOA".....yeah that one; that song pretty much sums up my life. So, my plan is to stop annoying my friends with all of my complaining and instead annoy all of you. No, kidding. I plan to divulge the pains and pleasures, the failures and successes, and hope that when I look back on my life a year from now I: (1) feel like I used my time productively, (2) feel like conditions have somewhat improved, (3) that maybe I entertained a few people along the way, (4) got a book deal of course, jk.

I’m a new grad trying to find work, maintain old and establish new friendships, and maybe eventually find a successful relationship. Right now I’m pretty 0 for 3. So, if you would like to hear about my daily struggles and giggles, probably similar to your own, and/or if you would like to cheer me on, give me advice, or even give me a great job ;) then do read on. If not, that’s ok too. This is self-indulgent and therapeutic for me, and will hopefully entertain you, or at least help you feel that your life isn’t actually all that bad after all, or that you’re not alone.


Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment